The weather is getting weirder and weirder, which means it’s a good time to hide inside with a book! And boy do we have books! Here are a few of my favorites that we read at storytime!
- There’s a Ghost in the House by Oliver Jeffers – This book is adorable! All of the ghosts are on extra, see-through pages that add them to the scene on the previous page.
- Hug Machine by Scott Campbell – Hugs are important, especially in the middle of the winter!
- Papa Bear’s Page Fright by Wade Bradford – Goldilocks’s fairy tale is interrupted when Papa Bear discovers a fear of public speaking! Can the other bears help him out?
- Wolfie the Bunny by Ame Dyckman – Spoiler alert! Wolfie is not actually a bunny, and his new bunny sibling is very suspicious of him. Will Wolfie ever fit in? Or will he eat the bunnies instead?
- Are Dinosaurs Dead, Dad? by Julie Middleton – This book has a very morbid title, but it’s actually pretty funny. It has an open ending, so readers can try to guess what might have happened to the boy and his dad.
For this week’s storytime, we read Olivia by Ian Falconer and Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book!) by Julie Falatko and Tim Miller. In Olivia, Olivia goes to a museum with her family and sees a painting that to her, just looks like a bunch of scribbles. She attempts to replicate this painting on the wall of her house. We decided to try replicating the painting as well (without involving any walls). The next story time will be Thursday, January 18th at 10:45am.
Next Thursday, the 18th, we will be doing alien and outer space crafts from 2:15pm to 3:30pm. Stop by anytime! A winter craft day, which actually fits with the season, will be on Saturday, January 20th, from 1-2pm. We will make snowflakes, snowmen, paper lanterns, and whatever else I see on Pinterest before the event.
I hope to see you at the library!
Share this content: